This easy-to-make creamer offers a healthier take on the seasonal favorite while still delivering on flavor.
We all know that the first tell-tale sign of fall is pumpkin spice-flavored everything! And, one of the most popular ways to take in this seasonal taste is with one of America’s favorite beverages…coffee. But, while a piping hot pumpkin spice latte is comforting and delicious as the temperatures start to cool and the leaves start to change, it’s often packed with sugar, dairy, artificial flavors, and extra calories. That’s why we partnered with influencer, cat mom, and coffee lover Hannah York – @yorkganics – to develop a healthy homemade coffee creamer with fresh, organic ingredients that delivers on pumpkin spice flavor while also packing in additional wellness benefits.
Before we get into the recipe, let’s dig a little deeper into the phenomenon known as “Pumpkin Spice Fever”. Believe it or not, it’s not only the popularity of the commercially-produced pumpkin spice latte that created this seasonal trend. Pumpkins have long represented a change in seasons in our culture, with home décor shifting to all things pumpkin and leaves once summer starts to fade. It also rings of nostalgia, echoing back to childhood family fall gatherings where pumpkin pie was a staple on the dessert menu. So, there’s a reason why pumpkin spice flavoring is so popular that social media users everywhere seem to get it trending earlier and earlier each year.
At Wildcrafter, we believe that you should never have to sacrifice flavor for wellness. This is what led us to collaborate with Hannah and bring you a delicious and healthier take on pumpkin spice flavored coffee. Let’s take a look at some of the ingredients that Hannah chose for this homemade coffee creamer and their health benefits:
- Pumpkin puree: pumpkins are very nutritious, particularly high in vitamin A, and contain antioxidants including beta-carotene (which gives pumpkins their orange color).
- Maple Extract: this natural and organic food substance is a great and healthy way to add that warm, comforting maple flavor to your coffee.
- Cinnamon: cinnamon is loaded with health benefits due to its antioxidants and its ability to support a healthy inflammatory response.
- Nut or Oat Milk: either option is naturally dairy-free and vegan-friendly, while also lower in calories versus regular milk.
And, let’s not forget the centerpiece of the recipe, which is our Inner Warrior coffee which combines the power of Maca, Lion’s Mane, and Rhodiola with 100% organic Arabica coffee to give you lasting energy in fewer cups. You can also use this creamer with any of our other blends based on your personal preference.
Now, it’s time to grab your favorite chunky knit sweater and hit the kitchen to create your own healthy homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer that you can enjoy all season long.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- 4 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 tsp Maple Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Nut Milk or Oat Milk
- 1 Cup Wildcrafter Inner Warrior
- Combine all ingredients except for the coffee to a blender and blend. Alternatively, add them to a bowl and whisk whisk whisk! This will keep tightly sealed for up for 4 days in the fridge.
- Add as much as you want to hot or iced Wildcrafter Inner Warrior coffee and enjoy!
Do you have your own fall-themed homemade coffee creamers that pair perfectly with one of our botanical blends? Or, did you make this Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer recipe at home? Share with us by posting your recipe and photo to social media with #mywildcrafter.