This iced coffee recipe rivals anything you could get at your local coffee shop and is budget-friendly, easy to make at home, and packed with wellness benefits!
No matter the season, iced coffee is always a popular choice among coffee drinkers due to its crisp, refreshing flavor. From high-end coffee shops to branded bottles at the local grocery store, this cold beverage has become an American staple with a variety of flavors available to suit just about any palette. So, it’s no wonder that so many people are willing to pay a premium for their daily iced coffee fix.
But, did you know that you can make your own iced coffee right at home? Unlike “cold brew” coffee which is brewed cold and never hot by filtering grounds in water for at least 12 hours, iced coffee is brewed normally and then refrigerated either overnight or for just 30 minutes. (Wildcrafter coffee must be brewed hot to extract the benefit of the botanicals which is why we opt for this process). And, by using high-quality organic ingredients that you have at home, you can create flavors that rival any coffee shop – but with additional wellness benefits from every sip!
We recently partnered with textile designer, illustrator, and coffee-lover Sam Roberts (@_samm_roberts_) to create a delicious and healthy iced coffee recipe using our Inner Warrior blend made with Rhodiola root, lion’s mane mushroom, and maca root for sustainable energy. The addition of Meadowland’s High Desert Simple Syrup flavored with juniper, rosemary, and sage and French vanilla non-dairy creamer creates a unique and smooth flavor that’s delicious all year round. Plus, each serving is packed with plant-based wellness benefits:
- Rhodiola root: widely used to combat fatigue and enhance both physical and mental performance*.
- Lion’s mane mushroom: supports memory and concentration along with cognitive function and the nervous system*.
- Maca root: supports energy metabolism to help give your endurance and stamina a boost while defending against stress and elevating your mood*.
- Juniper: with nutrients like vitamin C and powerful plant compounds including flavonoid antioxidants*.
- Rosemary: a source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds*.
- Sage: a source of vitamins and minerals including vitamin K and antioxidants*.
- 1 cup of brewed Inner Warrior coffee blend (chill overnight, or chill in fridge up to 30 minutes)
- 2 teaspoons of Meadowland’s “High Desert” Syrup (Juniper rosemary and sage flavor by @meadowlandsyrup)
- ½ cup French vanilla almond or coconut creamer
- Brew your cup of Inner Warrior coffee into mug of choice.
- To properly cool your coffee for iced preparation: brew the night before and refrigerate overnight or brew and chill for up to 30 minutes.
- Take chilled serving of Wildcrafter coffee and pour into a sealable container (mason jar preferred).
- Combine remaining ingredients, seal jar and shake until frothy.
Do you have your own amazing iced coffee recipe that can be made with one of our botanical blends? Share with us by posting your recipe and photo to social media with #mywildcrafter.