These days, the goal of living a balanced life may seem further out of reach than ever. We’re all so busy and are looking for life hacks to help us increase productivity! In 2018, a poll of 2,000 parents with school-aged children found that American families average less than 45 minutes of quality time together every day, with 60 percent of parents using the word “hectic” to describe their lives.
Even if you’re not struggling to meet the demands of family, life can be crazy. Work, a side hustle, work AND a side hustle, school, social obligations… When you’re juggling all of these things, it can be challenging to keep all of the balls in the air.
When life feels out of balance, productivity often takes a hit. It’s hard to get stuff done when you don’t even know where to start! One of the best ways to keep things from spiraling out of control is to incorporate rituals into your day.
While the words routine and ritual are often used interchangeably, the difference is the meaning one attaches to them. While washing your hands before dinner is a routine, it can be turned into a ritual if you use that time to take some slow deep breaths to re-center yourself. Rituals can help us get the most out of every day. Here are three you might want to try.
Get Off To A Good Start
To bring your day into focus, begin with an inspired morning ritual that will help you get the day started. Here’s how to do it:
- First, eliminate distractions. If you’ve already turned on your computer or grabbed your phone, set them aside. Try to create a peaceful environment. (For parents, this may mean getting up a few minutes earlier than your kiddos.)
- After you’ve cleared a quiet space, it’s healthy coffee time! Brew yourself a cup of Wildcrafter’s Inner Warrior botanically infused coffee. An energetic blend of herbs and a hit of caffeine are just what you need to tackle your day. In addition to dark roast Arabica coffee, Wildcrafter Inner Warrior contains:
- Rhodiola root – Loved by the Vikings, this arctic root is used to counter fatigue and enhance physical and mental performance.*
- Maca root – From high in the Andes mountains, maca root has long been used to support stamina and vitality.*
- Lion’s mane mushroom – This edible “smart” mushroom helps support healthy brain and nerve function, as well as promoting gastrointestinal health.*
- Once your infused coffee is ready, take a couple of slow deep breaths and set your intentions for the day ahead. This can be as simple as writing a to-do list or jotting down some aspirations as you sip your inspiring brew. Let the botanicals do their work, providing a fresh feeling of energy.
Beat The Afternoon Slump
We’ve all been there. It’s been a couple of hours since your lunch break and you’re starting to lose focus, but you still have a ton of work to plow through and you need to increase productivity more than ever. You need a second wind, STAT!
Instead of reaching for a sugar-laden energy drink or dipping into your coworker’s candy stash, try this refocusing ritual.
- First, get up and walk around. Ideally you can take a couple of minutes to go outside for some fresh air, but even a stroll down the hall and back will get your blood flowing.
- Once you’ve moved your body, it’s time to make yourself a cup of Creative Focus. This botanically-infused blend features 100% organic Arabica coffee and herbs designed to bring the day into focus. These include:
- Bacopa herb – Bacopa has been revered in India for millennia for its ability to sharpen the intellect, enhance focus and support healthy cognition.*
- Ashwagandha root – Also from India, ashwagandha has been used to support the mind and intellect, for more than 2000 years. It is also an adaptogen, an herb that helps the body better adapt to the stressors of daily life.*
- While enjoying your mind-boosting brew, strategize the most efficient way to attack your workload. Remember that focusing on one thing at a time tends to result in a better outcome than multitasking, so don’t spread yourself too thin.
Turn Off Your Brain & Unwind
After a busy day of work, family, and socializing, it can be hard to shut down your racing mind. Perhaps you’re rehashing a conversation and wondering if you said the wrong thing, or you’re worrying about all the stuff you have to do tomorrow—including the items on today’s to-do list you just couldn’t manage to check off.
When your body is tired but your busy brain has you feeling too wired to sleep, a calming evening ritual can help ease the day’s tensions away. Try this one:
- Aromatherapy can be a powerful ally for supporting rest and relaxation. If you have an essential oil diffuser; now’s a good time to use it. Choose soothing oils like lavender or ylang ylang.
- Once your diffuser is going, it’s time to brew yourself a cup of self care. Wildcrafter’s Spiritual Chill blend features organic decaffeinated coffee along with these botanicals:
- Chamomile flower – This herb has been cherished for millennia for its gentle, soothing effects.
- Holy basil – This “elixir of life” has been treasured since ancient times for its ability to create a calm state of mind.*
- Passionflower herb – This beautiful flowering plant has long been known to relieve tension, promote a relaxed state of being, and help ease into a good night’s sleep.*
- As you savor your cup of calm, allow the stress of the day to melt away. Focus on what you’re experiencing in a mindful way. Smell the fragrance of essential oils wafting from your diffuser, feel the warmth of the mug in your hands, and taste the flavor of your botanically-infused decaf.
- When it’s time for bed, practice good sleep hygiene. Put away your phone and other devices, dim the lights, and make your bedroom as comfortable and inviting as possible.
Increase Productivity and Live Your Best Medicine
In these hectic times, it can sometimes feel like we’re scrambling through our days, desperately trying to increase productivity but not taking the time to do it the right way. This mindset doesn’t usually help us get stuff done, and it can leave us feeling pretty stressed out.
Using nature as our inspiration and science as our foundation, Wildcrafter infuses coffee with botanicals designed to enhance resiliency and vitality when used as part of your daily rituals. We’ve given a delicious, naturally beneficial upgrade to one of your favorite drinks, adding meaningful levels of botanicals in the convenience of your coffee.
Get started today with by adding Wildcrafter’s botanically-infused blends to your daily ritual! Join our list below and get special savings on your first order!
When you weave rituals that include botanically-infused coffee blends into your day, you’re giving yourself natural support that allows you to get the most out of your day in a healthy way. As you drift off to sleep, you can take pride in knowing you had a productive day while taking care of your wellbeing.