These delicious and refreshing recipes offer a healthier take on flavored iced coffees plus additional immune-boosting benefits.
Summer is just around the corner, which makes now the perfect time to start exploring seasonal beverage trends! As many people continue to adjust to social distancing, working from home, and kids now officially on summer break, it seems this year’s trend is leaning towards one thing we could all use a little more of – and that’s wellness. From CBD-infused spritzers to new takes on superfood smoothies, beverage lovers everywhere are finding new and unique ways to get a little more from their summertime sipping.
For coffee lovers, it can seem a bit more challenging to turn your daily dose of caffeine into something a little better for you – especially when it comes to iced coffee which is traditionally made with artificial flavors and heavy creams. This is where our favorite immune-boosting iced coffee recipes come in! We hit our own test kitchen and came up with two amazing recipes that are super simple to make at home, use healthier ingredients for additional flavor, and pack in the benefits of some of nature’s greatest immunity allies*.
We start each recipe by chilling a brewed serving of our Immune Shield blend, made with carefully selected botanicals that help shield your immune system to enhance your body’s natural stress response*. Each cup contains:
- Astragalus Root: this popular “tonic” herb used in China is commonly found in herbal formulations designed to support the “shield” that serves as our body’s first line of defense.
- Reishi Mushroom: also referred to as the “mushroom of immortality”, reishi is popular in Asia today for enhancing energy*, supporting a healthy immune response*, and promoting general well-being. (If you want to learn more, check out our post about the benefits of reishi mushroom coffee here.)
- Elderberry Fruit: this berry is the perfect ally for supporting your immune system* when you’re looking to give yourself an extra boost to stay healthy.
Then, we add lighter non-dairy creamers and other flavors to create healthy, sweet, and cool summer beverages that you can drink morning, noon, or night while getting some extra wellness benefits. Enjoy for yourself at home or impress your summer guests with flavors that rival any local coffee shop.
Vanilla Ice, Ice Baby Immune-Boosting Iced Coffee
- 1 serving of Wildcrafter Immune Shield blend coffee
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk (or dairy alternative of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Brew one Wildcrafter Immune Shield K-cup® or serving of bagged coffee and pour it into the cup of your choice.
- Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cup from the fridge and add the ½ cup of unsweetened milk of other preferred dairy alternatives, along with 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Pour over the desired amount of ice.
- Kick back, sip, and enjoy!
Salted Caramel Immune-Boosting Iced Coffee
- 1 cup of brewed Wildcrafter Botanicals Immune Shield coffee (2 tbsp per 8oz water in a French press or 1 brewed K-cup®)
- 2 tsp Monin Salted Caramel Syrup
- ½ cup whole milk (or dairy alternative of choice)
- Rose petals and lavender garnish to make it extra-special
- Chill the brewed Wildcrafter Immune Shield coffee in the fridge for up to 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, add salted caramel syrup and milk or milk alternative and pour over ice (preferably in a sealable mason jar).
- Tighten the lid, and shake until frothy.
- Top with optional rose petals and lavender.
- Sip, relax, enjoy!
Do you have your own amazing iced coffee recipe that can be made with one of our botanical blends? Or, did you make one of these recipes at home? Share with us by posting your recipe and photo to social media with #mywildcrafter.