This decaf latte recipe will help set the stage for a night of relaxation so you can find the calm you need for rest and recovery.
Creating a nightly routine that involves a little self-care is beneficial for your mind, body, and soul. This can be as simple as setting aside time to read a good book, take a hot bath, or practice mindful meditation before going to bed each night. Another great option is sipping a hot decaffeinated beverage with ingredients to help promote a sense of calm and help you wind down after a long day.
That said, the thought of a hot latte doesn’t necessarily align with the notion of calm and relaxation. After all, lattes are typically made with caffeinated coffee and sweeteners high in sugar. This got us thinking about our own Spiritual Chill decaf coffee blend, made with carefully selected botanicals that not only help promote a sense of calm, but also create a unique flavor that echoes traditional nighttime beverages. How could we create an evening latte using this as the base while also offering amazing dessert-like flavor?
So, we partnered with textile designer, illustrator, and coffee-lover Sam Roberts (@_samm_roberts_) to create a soothing evening decaf latte recipe using our Spiritual Chill blend made with passionflower, chamomile and holy basil for calmness and relaxation. The addition of French vanilla coconut milk, cinnamon, and clover honey give this decaf latte just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, each serving is packed with these plant-based benefits:
- Chamomile Flower: A gentle herb that encourages relaxation and soothes the digestive tract*.
- Holy Basil Leaf: A stress-busting herb that helps you keep calm. When taken regularly, it promotes nutrient absorption and all-over health*.
- Passionflower Herb: A gentle sedative, this herb relieves nervous tension to promote relaxation and ease the mind*
Happy soothing & sipping!
Soothe Your Spirit Evening Decaf Latte
- 1 cup of brewed Wildcrafter Botanicals Spiritual Chill coffee (2 tbsp per 8oz water in a French press)
- ½ cup French vanilla coconut milk, steamed (or sub dairy of choice)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of clover honey
- Brew your Spiritual Chill decaf coffee and add clover honey in a mug of choice.
- In a small saucepan, whisk your French vanilla coconut milk (or substitute) over medium heat until its frothy.
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle your cinnamon on top.
- Sip, relax, enjoy!
Do you have your own amazing evening decaf latte recipe that can be made with one of our botanical blends? Or, did you make this recipe at home? Share with us by posting your recipe and photo to social media with #mywildcrafter.