This focus-boosting hot or iced coffee recipe is flavored with vanilla and lavender essence, all to help bring your day into focus with great taste.
The saying “don’t talk to me until I have my coffee” is a common phrase for many people. Whether it’s hot or iced, having that cup of morning coffee is a necessity for most to help jump-start their day. Taking that first sip brings on a sense of satisfaction and allows you to start focusing on all that you need to accomplish.
Along with the energizing benefits coffee brings, it can also be a tasty treat. There are so many hot or iced drink recipes out there that contain sugary flavorings and heavy creams which can be delicious but definitely are not the healthiest. Everyone deserves to treat themselves every now and then so we wanted to explore how to create a great flavored hot or iced coffee recipe that enhances the focus benefits coffee provides – without all of the artificial additives.
So, we once again partnered with textile designer, illustrator, and coffee-lover Sam Roberts (@_samm_roberts_) to create our new Treat Yo’Self to Focus coffee recipe, which can be served hot or cold, and combines our Creative Focus blend with Essence of Lilac from Roots and Crowns PDX, Monin Vanilla Syrup, and steamed milk for a unique and smooth flavor. Then, we topped it off with rose petals and lavender sprigs to take the “Treat Yo’Self” aspect to the next level! This special blend of ingredients is designed to promote clarity and calmness which are necessary to help you focus. Plus, each serving is packed with these plant-based benefits:
- Bacopa Herb: used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years to rejuvenate the mind, so you get a fresh feeling of clarity with every cup.
- Ashwagandha Root: common in Indian traditional medicine, ashwagandha root fosters mental calm and supports the immune system by helping the body respond to stress*.
- Lavender Essence: used for centuries in herbal medicine for its many potential benefits, lavender is most often used today to promote relaxation through its scent, taste, and appearance*.
Treat Yo’Self to Focus (Iced/Hot):
- 1 cup of brewed Wildcrafter Botanicals Creative Focus coffee (2 tbsp per 8oz water in a French Press)
- 1 teaspoon of Monin Vanilla Syrup
- 1 dropper full of Essence of Lilac from Roots and Crowns PDX
- ½ cup milk, steamed (nondairy substitutes optional)
- Rose petals and lavender to make it extra special (optional)
DIRECTIONS FOR HOT VERSION:
- Brew your cup of Creative Focus coffee into mug of choice.
- In a small saucepan, add your milk, vanilla syrup, and lilac essence and whisk.
- Once nice and frothy, pour into mug with your coffee and enjoy.
DIRECTIONS FOR COLD VERSION:
- Brew your cup of Creative Focus and let cool in the fridge for up to 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, pour over ice and add remaining ingredients in a sealable container (mason jar preferred) and shake until frothy.
- Pour into your desired glass and enjoy.
Do you have your own amazing evening latte recipe that can be made with one of our botanical blends? Or, did you make this recipe at home? Share with us by posting your recipe and photo to social media with #mywildcrafter.